There is lots to do in the areas surrounding Darlings Lake. Here's a small sampling of some of the most popular outdoor activities.
- West Pubnico Coastal Trail: distance - 10km (3.5 hours) return.Take Route 3 to Pubnico, turn left onto 335 to West Pubnico.
- Goose Creek Marsh: located on Roberts Island off Route 3 past Eel Brook. The 1.5 km trail takes you through a variety of natural habitats for migratory and native seabirds and wildlife.
- Chebogue Meadows Interpretive Trail: This trail has 12 stations where signs give information about the wildlife habitats.
Hiking & Cycling Routes
- The Yarmouth & Acadian Shores tourism division has produced a series of brochures for our visitors outlining hiking and cycling options available to them. The brochures are available in both French and English, and will be available at out local Visitor Information Centres, as well as local accommodations. You can see maps and brochures on the Yarmouth & Acadian Shores website (www.yarmouthandacadianshores.com/what-to-do/tours-and-trails/ and www.yarmouthandacadianshores.com/about-the-region/maps/).
Deep Sea Fishing
- Beaver Lake Outfitters - Hunting and Angling Adventures (902) 742-7153
- Deep Sea Fishing - Capt. Gilbert Deveau (902) 649-2523
- Petite Passage Whale Watching & Charter Fishing (902) 834-2226
- Brier Island Whale and Seabird Cruises 1-800-656-3660
- Pirate's Cove Whale and Seabird Cruises 1-888-480-0004
- Freeport Whale & Seabird Tours (902) 839-2177
Local cycling tours and events
- Digby Pines Resort 1-800-667-4637
- Yarmouth Golf & Country Club (902) 742-2674
- Clare Golf & Country Club (902) 769-2124
- West Pubnico Golf & Country Club (902) 762-2007